The plan for this weekend was to finish the south wall and that's how things started on Saturday. This was as far as I got after about 4 hours when the sun went behind the clouds and it turned bitterley cold. On Sunday morning I'd intended finishing the job but a cold SW wind led to a change of plan.
|The South wall almost stripped of render|
|A stone foundation which had been covered in render, is revealed beneath the south brick wall.|
One piece of good news is that I found the first sign of a surviving brick arch above the door.
|First sign of the (crumbly!) brick arch above the door.|
|The NE corner on Sunday, before work began|
|The NE corner with all render removed.|
This old house is starting to give us some hints of how it will look when restored to its original state.